I can second that. I had my mac book battery - that was dying anyway - completely die on me after leaving it in the car for a week over the Christmas period last year. The combination of the cold weather and the lack of charge caused the battery to go below a threshold, and hence, the battery would never charge again. However, I believe that this minimum charge threshold is actually built into the battery control electronics rather than the battery itself.

That is to say, If I could have bypassed the controller and charged it back up manually, I believe that I would have got some further use out of the battery... But after having a Li battery blow on me before, I was reluctant to try it.