AMD A6 3400 vs, the Intel i5-2430

Well, The Toshiba is quad core @ 2.3 / 1.4GHz. 4MB cache (1MB per core) & a
Radeon 65xx series GPU. These tend to be pretty purdy, even my 5400 mobile GPU
is quite nice.

The ASUS is dual core, 4 threads per-core @2.4GHz & can turbo upto 3GHz. It
even supports enhanced features (on-die AES crypto accellerator), carries 3MB
cache (1.5M per core) & houses an nVidia GTX520M which are mouth watering.

IMPO, i'd hit up the i5 (ASUS) - You will get far better load handling as you
have more cache on this CPU as well as far better multi-threading per-core.
Also, the ATI GPU (Toshiba) will most likely steal some of your RAM for the
graphics. nVidia tend to ship theirs with it's own memory.

Both these CPU's are rated 35W - so price-for-price, the i5 is more bang for
your buck.

happy hunting,

Ian