On Sun, 22 Jan 2012 18:40:33 +0000, l...@discoverlinux.co.uk said:

> The majority of code is still in house and not for sale

Citation?

At work, we support companies running Linux on servers and, in a few
cases, desktops too. Only one of those companies has developed any Linux
code themselves. I don't doubt that there are companies that have
developed code for internal use (which they are not obligated to make
available to others), but I suspect that they are a minority of the
businesses using Linux.

On Sun, 22 Jan 2012 18:55:18 -0000 (GMT), l...@beer.org.uk said:

> I was recently contracting at a large multinational. During my time
> there, I found that they were breaching the GPL in just about all their
> products.

Probably the same multinational that we were asked to sign an agreement
that all code would be exclusively licensed to the company in question.
I was unable to convince their lawyer that, even if we wanted to, we were
unable to do that.
--
"You can have everything in life you want if you help enough other people
get what they want" - Zig Ziglar.

Who did you help today?