Hello Ally,

You can create shares as usual by defining them in your smb.conf file. You can
control access via users and groups, as long as samba knows about them. Reading
the wiki at samba will help you a lot. Samba 4 is only really useful if you
specifically want an AD domain, so version 3 should do it if NT style works.
--
Regards,
Jan Henkins

Ally Biggs <bluechr...@hotmail.co.uk> wrote:

Hi Tim

What I want to know is how to setup a Linux Primary Domain Controller, Each
user has own
Log on, Own Home directory where they can save work, I also want to be able to
create shares
Which specific users of groups access. I prefer using command line and am not
afraid
To get my hands dirty with editing config files. Distro of choice is Centos but
I am also familiar
With Deb based distros.

The PDC has to work with both Win XP and 7, I want to start with the basics
before I even attempt LDAP, Kerberos

Samba4 the way to go?

Many Thanks