On Wed, 2012-04-25 at 22:21 +0100, Leo wrote:
> On 25/04/12 08:05, Simon Reap wrote:
> > SOn 24/04/2012 20:21, Leo wrote:
> >> (rsyslog.conf does contain $IncludeConfig /etc/rsyslog.d/*.conf)
> >
> > Have your tried this instead?
> >
> > #includedir /etc/rsyslog.d
> >
> Just given that a try but it doesn't seem to make any difference.

Sorry, Leo - I got mixed up - I've been working with rsyslog and
logrotate for a couple of months, and posted the logrotate equivalent by
mistake!

I've tried your $IncludeConfig line in a RedHat 6.2 system, and it
picked the code up fine.

Did you restart rsyslog or reload it?  We have problems with reload, as
called by the standard rsyslog lorotate file (actually a "kill -HUP") -
rsyslog doesn't seem to close all of the files properly, and lsof shows
it writing to the old file, even though that file has been renamed and
compressed by logrotate.

If you try Chris's check and get an error reported in your main
rsyslog.conf, correct that error and try introducing one in your
included file.