> Interesting. Personally use Debian Wheezy (current testing). I have no
> gripe with iceweasel's fonts, though I may be less piccy than others,
> standard install, straight out of the repository. Log-in without password
> is not hard with either GDM or KDM. And to be honest, password-less login
> isn't something we all want enabled by default.

Just wanted to clarify:

I use Chrome almost exclusively. The Iceweasel thing is to address ugly
font rendering system-wide:
http://lovingthepenguin.blogspot.co.uk/2011/06/squeeze-fonts-firefox-update.html

Log-in without password I found a hassle with Debian. I had to edit
/*etc/pam.d/gdm3,
add the user to nopasswdlogin group and finally delete their password if
they had one set. *
*
*
*I don't want it by default but it would be good to make it easy. This is
where Ubuntu excels - in making it easier for fluffies (the Ubuntu
"download and install security updates automatically" thing is another good
example). *
*
*
*Yes security is important but there are use cases where no password is
fine. I wanted passwordless login for the 10 year old in the example above
but not the adult user. However I do enable password less logins on my own
machines for my wife and daughter.*

--
GPG Key fingerprint = B323 477E F6AB 4181 9C65  F637 BC5F 7FCC 9CC9 CC7F

“Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live
forever.” - Indian political and spiritual leader Mahatma Gandhi (1869-1948)