Alan Pope<alan.p...@canonical.com>  [2012-07-15 12:14] wrote:

I finally got around to making a simple intro to the Unity desktop.
Some of you may find it useful for other new users. Feedback
welcome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xA9EHaNc2VI

This is similar to the Ubuntu 12.04 presentation that Alan rehearsed to the LUG meeting in Addlestone a while back.
Turned out to be good PR for Unity and converted more into enthusiasts.

I was getting smugly confident with the desktop but learned a bit more from the YouTube demo. I've passed the link to non-LUG friends using Ubuntu and to the timorous three I'm still trying to convert away from Windows.

So thank you Alan for the smooth and cool presentation.

Still curious about that teddy-bear video on your desktop though ...?

Tony Wood
(from Linux PC)