On 09/11/12 14:30, Gordon Scott wrote:
I hadn't realised one could buy just the keyboard, I'd only noticed them
on laptops and a laptop is totally unworkable in my normal context.

I hadn't realised until a co-worker with the exact same laptop told me about them. They're expensive for what they are, but I wouldn't be without mine now.

Does that long 'nose' where a touchpad would normally be give any
usability issues?

It's a wrist-rest really. I prefer it to having a touchpad. I turn touchpads off usually, unless I'm on a Mac running OSX where their touchpad is better than all other touchpads in the world, ever. [FACT] :)

But I keep hitting my hand on the door whenever I try to change gear.

Hah! I do that driving in the US too!

Cheers,
--
Alan Pope