On Tuesday 31 July 2012 13:40:32 Paul Tansom wrote:
> I'm assuming they aren't as good, but can they be that bad
> to justify the price of an official one? (Actually official ones seem to be
> thin on the ground so it seems likely to be a 3rd party anyway.).
>
> Does anyone have any experience / horror stories / good revies / etc.?

Yes, I got a horror for my Acer Aspire One.  If I remember, I'll show it to
you.  A quite horrific waste of £40.  It came from somewhere in the Far East,
and the internal connections do not even meet.  Desmond suggested that it
might be worth prising the thing open and soldering the connections together.
I cut my losses, but keep it as an object lesson on the side-effects of
parsimony!!

Branded batteries for me from now on.

Lisi