Hullo,

It struck me today that the LUG doesn't have any kind of active presence on social networks (such as Twitter, Facebook and Google+). I have seen other LUGs promote their meetings (and not much else) via these networks and it struck me as a good way to reach a wider audience than the website and mailing list currently do.

I wondered if it might be worth setting up a presence on each of the above networks and have some people responsible for posting when the LUG has a meeting.

To be clear, this isn't to replace the mailing list or website, and isn't targeting _you_ because you are already on the list. It's to target potential new people.

Opinions / flames...

Cheers,
--
Alan Pope