Hi all

In short - do I need to reboot to force ufw to apply any changes I've just
made?

I'm playing around with ufw on my Ubuntu box which is now my media server.
I'm trying to get it to connect with my Netgear NeoTV underneath my tv but
seemingly only disabling ufw entirely works.

The Neo either refuses to see the box (and can't connect directly i.e. can't
connect to anything it doesn't see) or sees the machine but then asks for a
username and password (which aren't required to connect to the same samba
share from Window$ boxes).

What I need to know is does

sudo ufw enable

do everything I need after I've changed rules.   It seems I need to reboot
the Ubuntu machine and or the NeoTV each time.   I'll worry about the Neo
thing last but if should (for example) be restarting samba, restarting
networking or restarting something else, it would be great to know - I've
not seen anything to this extent on the web.

Cheers

Rob