On 05/03/2013 08:40, Tim wrote:
On 04/03/13 23:02, Leo wrote:
I currently use 1and1 as my registrar and email provider, but am not overly impressed with them. Can anyone recommend another for the next domain I want to register? The main functionality I want is registration (and auto re-registration) and email provision. Email wise I'd either like to be able to register quite a few accounts, or do some intelligent catch all (e.g. 1and1 used to have an option to send anything sent to myemail+anystr...@domain.tld to myem...@domain.tld).

Thanks,
Leo

I use TSOHost, very good customer service when you raise a question either pre sales or technical after sales, very reliable, very competitive pricing.

https://www.tsohost.com/

+1

I just switched to TSOHost from ukfsn, who seem to have gone awol.
The whole change went really smoothly, even releasing the domains from ukfsn once they and I learned how to do that (via nominet).

You can pick up all mail on a standard account name using fetchmail, so the +anystring should work OK, I think. If not, they allow full dns management, so you could presumably use smtp instead if needs be.

Hm, Why don't I do the obvious ......

mail to gordon+anystring at mydomain was delivered just fine.

One of the nice things for me is that they also allow web aliasing, so I can easily point www.mydomain.com to www.mydomain.co.uk

G.

--
This message was written elegantly and lucidly, by my own fair hand using a
quill pen on hand laid parchment. It was then scanned, OCRed, spiel-chequed,

If it's now just gibberish, it's the software's fault.