On Mar 7, 2013 10:45 PM, "Daniel Llewellyn" <diddle...@gmail.com> wrote:
> [side-rant]
> WHY do so many people get KB and Kb, i.e. bits vs bytes and MB vs mB i.e.
Mega vs Mili wrong! The number of times I see something like "I've got a
5mb connection" and have to refrain from asking what a milibit is! It's not
even as if they were wanting to say MegaBits, but instead getting it wrong
twice by meaning MegaBYTEs. There's a standard for a reason people!
> [/tongue-in-cheek-ranting-lunatic]

I hate this too, it drives me insane. Also the difference between mibi and
mega bytes (SI and ISO units). Working for an ISP I am always very clear
with my customers how we measure traffic stats etc. Different operating
systems use different measurements so this often causes problems when
trying to communicate with customers about traffic issues. Very
frustrating, as its not hard to grasp.

James.