Hello,

At 20:11 19/04/2013, you wrote:
Hi Martin,

On Thu, Apr 18, 2013 at 09:00:15PM +0100, Martin N wrote:
> Like this NAS:
> http://www.dabs.com/products/zyxel-nsa325-2-bay-power-plus-nas-diskless--1-6ghz-cpu--7Z67.html?src=2
>
> The USB connections though i mentioned as being used to get data on
> to the internal HDs
> so I am wondering if it would not work for some reason and i would be
> stuck with the slower
> RJ45?

I don't know, but you should expect USB (even USB3) to be slower
than Ethernet.

Some PC Pro reviews seem to think it is slower with the lowest giving 29meg per sec
and the fastest 94 meg a sec.

I have actually found two four bay HD enclosures on amazon which are an icy box
and a startech.
Odd that i couldn't find them originally when searching for hard drive docks.

They have usb or e-SATA connections and are more what i am looking for.

Martin N

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706–90)