** Tony Whitmore <t...@tonywhitmore.co.uk> [2013-08-26 10:09]:
> On 25/08/13 22:12, Tim B wrote:
> > Phone+laptop+desktop.  That's a very big claim,  and not one I think can
> > be supported, given the widely varied use cases.
>
> It's not specced to be a media workstation or video editing PC, sure. It
> would serve just fine as a day-to-day PC though, and has a higher spec
> than my media PC, netbook and (almost) my laptop.
** end quote [Tony Whitmore]

I like the sound of it, and would have loved to play with one, but the concept
of a unified device failed my requirements big time. Great for carrying around,
but a unified device has one major flaw - it is one device. I have enough
problems when a customer phones me on my mobile and information I need to
access could easily be accessed - from my mobile, but I can't because it is
being a phone at the time! In that case I need a separate laptop or netbook.
When I'm out an about I rarely if ever have access to a spare screen, keyboard
and mouse to attach to, so that side of things is of little use - again a
laptop or netbook is more practical. When in the office I have a desktop PC. I
sometimes consider running just a laptop, but can't quite leave the convenience
and expandability of the desktop at the moment - almost, but not quite,
especially with the state of laptop keyboards and longevity of batteries.

--
 Paul Tansom  |  Aptanet Ltd.  |  http://www.aptanet.com/  |  023 9238 0001