I have a D-Link DNS-320, which has 2 SATA drive pays; I populated them with a couple of Western Digital 1TB drives in RAID-1. Found a very useful tutorial [1] on how to tweak it so it's accessible from my Linux box to back up my media files.

[1] http://nas-tweaks.net/371/hdd-installation-of-the-fun_plug-0-7-on-nas-devices/

Ian