Just wondered what software folks are using to encrypt USB HDDs?

I used TrueCrypt pretty successfully but it's now unmaintained:
http://truecrypt.sourceforge.net/

I tried out eCryptfs sometime back but found it a bit of a hassle as
it meant I had to mount things twice (the USB HDD and the encrypted
partition).

What alternatives are out there which are secure, maintained and
somewhat hassle-free when it comes to removable storage?

Bonus points for GUI-based and able to be used easily with Debian stable.

Thanks!

--
Key fingerprint = EF78 310C C517 9564 9ECA  82F6 68FA E621 17E1 5D16
http://about.me/imranchaudhry