Hello David,

welcome, nice to have you here ;-)

As I am only sparsely contributing myself, I can't help you directly
with your effort. But I like the idea nevertheless and I agree that it
is important to have an up to date and accurate map of charging spots.
One thing, that comes to my  mind is, that you should make sure, that
the type of any given charging station is present along with some
technical data. AFAIK there are several charging post types across
Germany which are incompatible to each other.  Yes, it's a pain...

Here  in Hannover, we don't seem to be to numerous. At least this list
isn't particular noisy ;-) So please be patient...
If you should happen to not get lucky over here, I'd suggest you try the
mailing lists of (bigger) neighboring (kind of) Cities. Hamburg
(https://lists.openstreetmap.de/mailman/listinfo/hamburg), Berlin
decent starting points. And they are perfectly capable of updating the
map around Hannover as well ;-)

Good luck to you.

Marcin