Hi,

Tóm tắt: Có bạn nào đã thử mở một tài liệu đã soạn bằng LibreOffice hoặc
OpenOffice.org với Microsoft Office (2007 trở lên nhé) chưa ? Nếu chưa thì
bạn hãy thử xem nhé !

I had questioned myself Whether it would be possible to open an ODF
document natively (i.e. without installing any extension or plug-in) in,
for example, Microsoft Office Word? My last experience with Microsoft
Office 2003 and the asnwer was NO.

As I am now again forced to work under Windows computers, although the
first thing I did was to dual-boot my work computer with Ubuntu, I have
Microsoft Office 2007 installed and in other department where I work they
even have MS Office 2010 installed. So I tried to open a native ODT
document that I created originally with LibreOffice (Ubuntu 14.04 LTS) with
MS Word 2007 and the result was two popup windows that basically would tell
me that MS Word could not open the file because it was likely corrupted,
and that the content was unreadable.

Only if I was sure of the source could I open the document at my risks.
Of course the default answer chosen was Not to open the file. But If you
would pass by these warnings then you would be surprised that MS Word did
quite a good job of restituing the original formatting of the ODT document.

I tried opening the same ODT document under MS Word 2010 and obtained the
same results, i.e. a negative warning of MS Word to Not open the file.

For seasoned IT tech workers this is no big deal but you can imagine for
ordinary  users that they would probably never get passed the warnings as
the default answer would have to Not open the file.

My conclusion: MS Word 2007 and 2010 can "perfectly" open native and
genuine ODT documents without any plug-in installation, they can also save
in the ODT format (by scrolling at the end of the list of possible
formats), but they do not encourage at all to do so, on the contrary. This
is some good news as Windows and MS Office users would not be obliged to
install LibreOffice to be able to open ODF documents, but this deterrent
attitude of Microsoft Office at the opening of ODF documents doesn't help
at all.

See enclosed screen captures for proof.
Best regards

--