Hi Thomas,

On Thu, Mar 05, 2009 at 08:45:20AM -0500, Allen, Thomas wrote:
> Hi Jeff,
>
> The thing is that if I don't include the health check, the load balancer
> works fine and each server receives equal distribution. I have no idea why
> the servers would be reported as "down" but still work when unchecked.

It is possible that your servers expect the "Host:" header to
be set during the checks. There's a trick to do it right now
(don't forget to escape spaces) :

        option httpchk GET /index.php HTTP/1.0\r\nHost:\ www.mydomain.com

Also, you should check the server's logs to see why it is reporting
the service as down. And as a last resort, a tcpdump of the traffic
between haproxy and a failed server will show you both the request
and the complete error from the server.