From: Daniel Gentleman [mailto:dani...@chegg.com]
Sent: Thursday, July 23, 2009 5:13 PM
To: haproxy@formilux.org
Subject: HAProxy and FreeBSD CARP failover

Hi list.
I'd like to set up a redundant HAProxy server using CARP failover in FreeBSD so
the spare server will automatically snatch up the "listen" IP and balance out
our server farm. I can get HAProxy configured, but it won't actually start
unless the IP is already bound to the box. Suggestions?

(latest haproxy-devel from FreeBSD ports)

---Daniel