On Mon, Nov 16, 2009 at 01:04:17PM +0100, Aleksandar Lazic wrote:
(...)
> >>app* delimiterstart (default ;)
> >>app* delimiterstop  (defautl =)
> >
> >I'm sorry, I don't understand what you mean. Could you give an example
> >of configuration using this ?
>
> For example:
>
> if in the url the delimiter changes from ';' to ',' then you should
> set the following
>
> appsession-option delimiterstart ,
>
> and the end point is not '=' it is ';' then you should set the
> following
>
> appsession-option delimiterstop ;

Ah OK I get it now, thanks.

> A better case is the BEA 'Cookie'.
>
> JSESSIONID=GyvN6gTy7LKR2tyXDHvSzBhCfNH34YMG2f60xhVkXJNrrs5QvMjx!1267565914
> So the appsession-option delimiterstop is '!'.
>
> But maybe it can be handled with the length.
>
> After this talk I think the usecase is solved with the current available
> options.

Most likely.
Also, if we have other special cases later, it might be easier to implement
some methods specific to some servers than to have the user explicitly
specify a number of complex arguments they won't always be able to figure
out.

For instance :   appsession-mode weblogic

> Ok, lets keep it in mind maybe someone else find a better usecase so
> that we can decide it better if we should add this options or not.

agreed.