Hi Ryan,

On Tue, Dec 15, 2009 at 03:36:11PM -0800, Ryan Schlesinger wrote:
> I was given permission today to open source the collectd plugin I wrote
> for the RightScale environment.  This supports reading from the stats
> socket that haproxy 1.3 provides.  It uses the column names from the
> "show stat" command for mapping so it should survive format changes in
> the future.  You can find it at:
> http://github.com/ryansch/haproxy-collectd-plugin
>
> Special thanks to Clinicsoft llc (http://liveedit.com) for funding this
> development and releasing it as open source.

That's really nice, thanks to you and them for this work.
I don't know if you're planning to make it evolve a lot or not.
If not, we can include it into the "contrib" directory in the
haproxy sources if you want, next to the net-snmp plugin. The
advantage is that it gives more exposure to your plugin since
it's shipped with the program. The downside is that it's heavier
to update when people ask for fixes or enhancements. I've
checked your license and it's compatible, so it's up to you to
decide.

Best regards,