Willy,

I've also gotten an email from one of the collectd maintainers. They are interested in including it as a plugin on that side of things as well. It's a tough call because if either program changes the plugin will need to be updated to stay compatible. It seems to me that the cleanest solution would be for me (or someone else) to maintain the plugin separately and release changes to both projects. Do you have any additional wisdom? I'm trying to decide if I have enough time to do an effective job as a maintainer.

Ryan