Opening up a bit of discussion:

For those Freebsd port users out there, I'm looking to submit updates
for the haproxy port to take it from it's current v1.2.18 to the new
v1.4.x tree - Leapfrogging the v1.3.x tree (which is part of the
haproxy-devel port).

Note: I'm _not_ looking to change the haproxy-devel port, which is
currently part of the v1.3.x tree (v1.3.22 as of writing), and I
believe is the port that most (all?) people are actually using.

Obviously sometime in the future haproxy-devel should be changed to
reference the snapshot or rc/dev builds that might be unstable, but
that's not what I'm touching.

Couple of benefits that I see of doing it this way:

- Current systems running haproxy-devel port are untouched.

- Less problems than pushing haproxy-devel to v1.4, and haproxy to
v1.3, causing issues with config migrations for ports and software.

- This'll eventually bring haproxy[-devel] back into line with the
ports mentality of the main port being considered the active/stable
port, with any sub ports being "special cases".

Main problems I see:

- People running the current haproxy port (ie: v1.2.18) will have a
big version bump to deal with.

Any thoughts/complaints/etc?