AH>> However, the way I think it should go in the ideal situation, is that
AH>> the haproxy port should contain the latest and greatest stable release
AH>> (1.4.x), and the haproxy-devel port should go to the latest experimental
AH>> snapshot.. If you think keeping a 1.3.x tree alive is usefull (which I
AH>> do), create a port haproxy13 for that..

JR> I agree with Angelo's ideal situation.  I would just fix the
JR> versioning issue rather than just bandage it now and still have to
JR> fix it later.  Version 1.3 should move to haproxy13, haproxy
JR> should be 1.4, and haproxy-devel should probably be removed until
JR> there is a new snapshot/beta/rc worthy of a port.  Make sure
JR> UPDATING is very clearly documented with what is happening.

I agree as well in moving -devel to haproxy13 as well, but there's one
point that's stopping/delaying me doing that: The -devel port is being
maintained by someone else.  :-)  The main port is currently marked
as unmaintained, so easier to make the changes.

Also, changing -devel right now at the same will cause all sorts of
support issues as people deal with the migration - not everyone reads
the UPDATING file before issuing "portupgrade -a".

I'll leave the -devel port as is for the moment, but can submit
changes for it if the other maintainer would like.

Cheers,
 Ross.