Hi,

We are not trying to load balance across our databases.
We got simple client - server architecture.
Here is the brief description . when the application users logged into the
Front End(Client) they do certain actions based on their privileges. When the
user does the action the FE connect to the backend process. The backend does
all the business logic and send the response back to the FE.

As the user base has increased tremendously, we are planning to run 5 to 10
instance of the backend process and employ the HAProxy load balancer.

We want to load balance the requests through the user id and based on the
action what he did at the FE. ( The FE sends the user id , action name  etc to
the backend process).

We plan to create to set of backend groups where we want to route the action A
& C to group A and action B & D to group B. So we have to scan or read our
incoming request in Haproxy and employ the rules to route to different groups
based on what action/request the user did in FE.

Thank You,
Sreeni T
Work : +1 781-302-6143
Cell   : +1 617-955-3736