Le mercredi 18 août 2010 00:32:55, Turlapati, Sreenivasa a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> We are not trying to load balance across our databases.
> We got simple client - server architecture.
> Here is the brief description . when the application users logged into the
> Front End(Client) they do certain actions based on their privileges. When
> the user does the action the FE connect to the backend process. The
> backend does all the business logic and send the response back to the FE.
>
> As the user base has increased tremendously, we are planning to run 5 to 10
> instance of the backend process and employ the HAProxy load balancer.
>
> We want to load balance the requests through the user id and based on the
> action what he did at the FE. ( The FE sends the user id , action name
> etc to the backend process).
>
> We plan to create to set of backend groups where we want to route the
> action A & C to group A and action B & D to group B. So we have to scan or
> read our incoming request in Haproxy and employ the rules to route to
> different groups based on what action/request the user did in FE.

From what you said, a simpler design could be to manage this logic in the
client side.
- group A and group B are 2 proxies on different ports in your HAProxy
instance, with their own backend servers.
- in your client,
* action A & C connects to the group A port.
* action B & D connects to the group B port.

This looks less tricky than analyzing the TCP traffic.

--
Cyril Bonté