On 15 December 2010 14:33, "L. Alberto Giménez"
<agimenez-hapr...@sysvalve.homelinux.net> wrote:

> I'm thinking about something like having a connection table where each new
> connection gets inserted upon first session, and somehow assigned an internal
> persistent association with a roundrobin-elected backend.
>
> Upon further connections, the proxy would recognize that there was a
> "session" in the past and that it would reuse the same backend.
>
> What do you think?

Alberto,

RDP and HTTP have cookies in the application protocol, therefore you
can insert or modify a marker/cookie to keep track...
How would you insert the marker in standard TCP traffic?
The only method I'm aware of is source IP for TCP persistence.

Malcolm Turnbull.

Loadbalancer.org Ltd.
Phone: +44 (0)870 443 8779
http://www.loadbalancer.org/