Willy et al.

I'm being lazy and asking the list without experimenting first but I
quite often get asked for redirecting port 80 -> HTTPS and I sugest:
// where 192.168.6.146 is the local stunnel/pound termination
"acl secure src 192.168.6.146
redirect prefix https://www.foo.com if !secure"

But a customer just asked:

Malcolm, we have a wildcard cert, which means there are a bunch of
domains terminating at the load balancer. I need to redirect each
subdomain independently:

http://dev1-foo.com --> https://dev1.foo.com

http://dev2-foo.com --> https://dev2.foo.com

http://dev3-foo.com --> https://dev3.foo.com

Is there no way to just do something like below(I know the asterisk is
not variable in this case).

"acl secure src 192.168.6.146
redirect prefix https://*.foo.com if !secure"

So all of the subdomains were caught in this rule?

So question is do I need to do a hdr acl test on each individual entry?
acl foo1 hdr dev-1.foo.com
if acl foo1 ....

Malcolm Turnbull.

Loadbalancer.org Ltd.