Sean,

I think it would be helpful to further explain your testing scenario.

How do you simulate concurrent users?

What is RSTav?

Usersps is sessions per second??

I think most folks use Apache Bench
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.0/programs/ab.html
as a fairly common industry standard for HTTP server performance.

Would you consider rerunning your test using ab as well?

Equivalently, you might look at httpperf (see the haproxy web page for some notes)

One tuning thing you might try is dropping down your timeouts.
You have:
    timeout connect 10000
    timeout client 300000
    timeout server 300000

I typically use an order of magnitude smaller.
5000
50000
50000
(these are exaple defaults listed in an example in 2.3 of the HA proxy docs)
http://haproxy.1wt.eu/download/1.4/doc/configuration.txt

Best of luck,

Joel