this is not an HAProxy related problem

What you need is to share the session across all webservers. You have
several ways to do it: memcache, redis, db, filesystem.

We currently are using memcache for this

check your php.ini for "session.save_handler"

we have something like:

session.save_handler = memcache
session.save_path = "tcp://mmc-server-01:11211,tcp://mmc-server-02:11211"

some more info: http://php.net/manual/en/session.configuration.php

Once you do this, haproxy will keep using the same algorithm  to balance but
webservers will be able to find/reuse the session users were on.

Saludos

--
Gabriel Sosa
Si buscas resultados distintos, no hagas siempre lo mismo. - Einstein