On Tue, Mar 15, 2011 at 05:07:02PM -0500, Shaw, Christopher wrote:
> Willy,
>
>       Thanks for the reply. We are attempting to use an ACL to (1)
> test for the existence of an RDP cookie using "acl <rulename>
> req_rdp_cookie_cnt gt 0" and then (2) use the "force-persist if
> <rulename>" statement. Our end goal is to make sure that if a user has
> an existing session on a server that was removed from the pool (for
> failing a server health check) they can still reconnect to said session.
> We are using TCP mode, not HTTP mode, so I wasn't sure if using the
> force-persist statement was feasible in this fashion.

OK then you don't need this force-persist ACL. Just use "option persist"
and it will work. Force-persist is used to force the user to go to the
server even if it's dead and does not respond. That's used for application
deployment teams to be able to see the errors reported by faulty servers.
"option persist" just ignores the dead server status, but if the connection
fails to establish, it will be redispatched to another server, which is
what you want for your users.

By the way, I'm seeing that force-persist is not considered by RDP cookies.
That's no big deal, we should just add it.