Hi,

one of our haproxy environments needs to deal with frequent config changes that
force us to add or remove proxies quite often, however at the same time we
can't disturb already running proxies.
We are addressing this problem by running more than one haproxy process on one
and the same host/IP, adding new proxies to a new haproxy instance and then
moving them on to the main haproxy instance during a following maintenance
window.

We are doing this by using separate configuration files, a separate set of
init.d start/stop scripts, separate monit configuration, different admin ports,
etc. and it seems to run fine so far.
Before moving this solution to our production environment I thought I'll double
check if there is any known issue that should keep us away from doing it in
this way.
I already searched around and didn't find anything that tells me to not do it,
but on the other hand I didn't find any hints about doing it this way either,
hence my question on this list.

Thanks and with kind regards
A.

--
Si forte in alienas manus oberraverit hec peregrina epistola incertis ventis
dimissa, sed Deo commendata, precamur ut ei reddatur cui soli destinata, nec