Thank you very much for pointing me into that direction. I think that
definitely answers my question. Since haproxy itself might keep more than one
process alive after dealing with an "-sf" (at least for as long as it takes to
finish the work) I assume that keeping alive more than one process, in
principle, can't be a problem :)

And maybe I can simplify our solution a bit by applying the "-sf" solution.