Hi all,

I've following setup: haproxy-public -> varnish -> haproxy-director, where haproxy-public monitors haproxy-director.

I noticed that haproxy frequently fails to intercept URI specified in monitor-uri and passes that request to backend. So - in consequence - haproxy is marking that backend unhealthy (because the backend is not aware of that URI and returns 404).

This is frequent enough to make the monitor-uri directive useless.

Anybody else is experiencing similar behavior?

Tested on Gentoo Linux, versions: 1.4.15 and 1.4.18.

Regards,
Sławek