On 12/13/2011 09:02 PM, John Lauro wrote:
> Been using haproxy for some time…  but have not used it with SSL yet.
>
> I do need to preserve the IP address of the original client.  So either
> transparent (is that possible when going through stunnel or other and
> haproxy on the same box), or X-Forwarded-for or similar added.

You should probably put stud (https://github.com/bumptech/stud) in front
of haproxy. It supports sendproxy protocol from haproxy 1.5, supports
ipv6 and scaling out.

There's also a patch for sendproxy protocol that pplies to haproxy 1.4.
However, you shouldn't be afraid of running haproxy 1.5-devXX, it is
really, really very stable.

Best regards, Brane