OoO La  nuit ayant déjà recouvert  d'encre ce jour du  mardi 13 décembre
2011, vers 23:43, "John Lauro" <john.la...@covenanteyes.com> disait :

> Found this with google comparing the two (only a few months old):
> http://vincent.bernat.im/en/blog/2011-ssl-benchmark.html

> In summary, performance appears to be close as long as you only have 1 core,
> but stud scales better with multiple cores.  However, as noted in the
> replies, newer version of stunnel probably perform better.

There is an updated benchmark here:
 http://vincent.bernat.im/en/blog/2011-ssl-benchmark-round2.html

Now, stunnel and  stud have the same performance.  For stunnel, you need
to  use OpenSSL  1.0.0c  or later  to  fix a  performance problem.  With
hyperthreading, I even got better results with stunnel.

If you use stunnel, use at least 4.45. It features sendproxy support.
--
Vincent Bernat ☯ http://vincent.bernat.im

Use uniform input formats.