Hi,
As a matter of feedback, I use this patch (on HAProxy 1.4.16, for HTTPS
connexions unwrapped by Stud) in production for almost 4 months, and it
works like a charm.

On 08/07/2011 09:34, Brane F. Gračnar wrote:
On Thursday 07 of July 2011 18:30:10 Sebastien Estienne wrote:
Hello,

I'd like to use stud https://github.com/bumptech/stud with Haproxy for
SSL support.
Stud implement the haproxy proxy protocol, and i'd like to know if
this will be backported to haproxy 1.4 ?

First, thanks for pointing out stud, looks very promising!

I'm using accept-proxy patch with haproxy 1.4.15 in production for two months
without any problems on moderate loaded instance (cca 3k concurrent
connections, 700-800 reqs/sec)...

Patch was written by Cyril Bonte, i'm just providing patch file.

Willy, i've been thinking about extending proxy protocol - it would be very
useful if protocol would allow additional, optional fields like tls_cipher,
tls_client_cert info etc... What is your opinion?

I'm also missing ability in haproxy (some kind of built-in acl) if connection
was accepted from listener with accept-proxy flag set.

Best regards, Brane