On 4/8/13 6:19 AM, Will Glass-Husain wrote:
Hi,

I've set up two identical instances of haproxy, using a peer table. I know they are identical because I cloned them from the same EC2 image. (I edited the config file by hand, but ran a diff to be sure it's the same).

The problem is that while one instance starts up fine, the other starts, but immediately crashes. This one shows normal start up messages in the logs (but no errors). It creates the /var/run/haproxy.pid file and the /tmp/haproxy socket, and then the process apparently exits.
Can you run the second instance with the '-d' switch from the command line? Basically take the existing command line and add '-d' after haproxy and capture the output.

David