On Mon, 8 Apr 2013 14:36:52 +0100 (BST) in
<564091370.1183442.1365428212786.javamail.r...@innovot.com>,
Phil Daws Phil Daws <ux...@splatnix.net> wrote:

> Hello,

Hello,

> am making my first foray into setting up a test lab to play around with
> HAProxy.  Ideally I am hoping to build an environment which consists of two
> HAProxy nodes that share an IP address, and each node then offloads HTTP
> connections to two backend web servers. Basically build a meshed architecture
> for no single point of failure.

A mesh for a shared IP ? How ? Encapsulating the IP datagram ?

>It looks like the best route would be to use Wackamole and Spread for the
>shared IP address.

or keepalived or carp.

> Am building on CentOS 6.4 so would be grateful for your thoughts on this
> setup or whether there is a more appropriate one.  If all works well then
> hopefully can start to look at LB/HA for other services.

The wackamole solution seem only valuable if you have more than one shared IP.

++.

--
Jérôme Benoit aka fraggle
La Météo du Net - http://grenouille.com