Lukas,
Hi
Thanks for your comments. The "File download" example which I mentioned,
was just an example. The big picture would be somehow storing the current
state between the user and the web server (independent of the actual web
application) so that it is restored (maintained) when one of the web
servers goes down. Consider current authenticated user sessions, content
posting, etc. When one of the active back-end web servers goes down, the
logical connection between the user and the web application is lost; the
main question is how is it possible to restore this logical connection when
the other back-end web server is used as a replacement by the load
balancer? How is it possible to synchronize user sessions, file downloads,
active logins, etc. between two master/backup web servers so that the
client never feels the switchover?
Thanks again for your consideration.

Warm Regards,
Ali Majdzadeh Kohbanani