Hi Robert,

On Mon, Oct 28, 2013 at 09:09:53PM -0400, Robert Snyder wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We currently balance 21 http and a dozen HTTPS (TCP listen block) web
> properties against caching servers and web heads in multiple data centers. We
> do some header-based traffic shaping (mostly redirecting mobile requests
> story our dedicated mobile site).
>
> We have been running out pair of failover physical HAProxy servers using
> heartbeat and keepalived VIP to failover.
>
> We are adding balancing media streaming to our web content. We will balance
> two backend Adobe Media Streaming servers. I am planning to use a TCP listen
> block.
>
> Does anyone have any experiences with HAProxy and streaming media? Ant things
> you wish you know before deployment?

Just wondering, as I have zero knowledge on these servers, are they the same
as Adobe Flash Media Streaming ? Because if so, there seems to be a good howto
at f5 :

   http://www.f5.com/pdf/deployment-guides/f5-adobe-flash-media-dg.pdf

And since they're using totally generic TCP forwarding (even for health
checks), it might help you configure the servers appropriately for being
load balanced.

Best regards,