Hi Ryan,

On Tue, Feb 04, 2014 at 04:00:14PM -0600, Ryan O'Hara wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 04, 2014 at 02:05:24PM -0600, Kuldip Madnani wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I want to redirect the logs generated by HAProxy into some specific file .I
> > read that in the global section in log option i can put a file location
> > instead of IP address.I tried using that setting but it dint work for me,
> > also i enabled tcp logging in my listener but no luck.Could any body tell
> > if i am missing something.Here is my configuration:
> > global
> > log         /opt/app/workload/haproxy/log/haproxy.log syslog info
>
> On my systems (which use rsyslog) I do this:
>
>     log /dev/log local0
>
> Then I create /etc/rsyslog.d/haproxy.conf, which contains:
>
>     local0.* /var/log/haproxy
>
> And everything gets logged there.

Just a minor point here, when you're dealing with a proxy which is used
in contexts of high load (thousands to tens of thousands of requests per
second), the unix socket's log buffers are too small on many systems, and
many log messages are dropped. Thus on these systems, logging over UDP is
preferred (which requires to setup the syslog server to listen to UDP,
and preferrably only on localhost).

Best regards,