Hi Guys,

I am creating a whitelist of subnets allowed to access HAPROXY during
maintenance.  Basically I want to redirect everyone to our maintenance page
other than users in the whitelisted file.

Here is my config...

frontend https-in
        bind *:443 ssl crt /etc/ssl/xxx.xxxx.com.chain.pem
        reqadd X-Forwarded-Proto:https
        reqadd X-Forwarded-Port:443
        timeout client 600000

        # Capture Headers
        capture request header If-Modified-Since         len 50
        capture request header X-Forwarded-For          len 50

        acl whitelist hdr_ip(X-Forwarded-For) -f /etc/haproxy/whitelist.lst

        redirect location http://www.mysite.com/maintenence if !whitelist

       default_backend web

This is not working and is forwarding everyone to the maintenance page despite
being a member of a whitelisted subnet. (10.0.0.0/8)

Is using the hdr_ip(X-Forwarded-For) in the acl the way to go or is there a
better way to redirect everyone but a few whitelisted subnets?

John Dzialo | Linux System Administrator
Direct 203.783.8163 | Main 800.352.0050

Environmental Data Resources, Inc.
440 Wheelers Farms Road, Milford, CT 06461
www.edrnet.com<http://www.edrnet.com/> |
commonground.edrnet.com<http://commonground.edrnet.com/>

EDR_logo4color_EDR_only_80px2]