On Friday, September 5, 2014, Patrick Hemmer <hapr...@stormcloud9.net>
wrote:

> [...]

I have to cast my vote in favor of spam prevention methods  for this list
as I've come close to unsubscribe on several occasions due to the amount I
receive. I am very glad I hadn't while the discussion of haproxy 1.5 w/SSL
support was underway, but a surprisingly significant percentage of the spam
I receive comes from this list.

I too am a Gmail user, so see less to the inbox and while it's only a
couple keystrokes to file it away, I do frequently find valid messages in
my Junk folder that I have to reverse the process for. I have maintained
mail servers and mailing lists for companies until relatively recently, so
I fully understand your concern for increase maintenance efforts (and there
have already been numerous offerings of assistance there) and potential
loss of support & feedback, but most admins who are attempting to use
haproxy are very familiar with joining a mailing list to post. I dare say
that many, like myself, assume that requirement anyway.

It does seem to be poor netiquette to proliferate spam by only put in the
bare minimum effort. "Now, you know it's up to you whether or not you want
to just do the bare minimum..." But, really, it's about the compound amount
of lost productivity for us subscribers, so please keep that in mind while
your weighing the pros and cons.

Thanks for haproxy and the excellent support that you provide for it.

--
Morgan
---