Hi,

On Tue, Oct 14, Dennis Plöger | getit GmbH wrote:
> Hi there!
>
> I'm currently trying to create a completely high available setup for the
> Hybris platform (http://hybris.com/). Hybris is a Spring-based framework for
> e-commerce sites, that is running on Tomcat and connecting via a JDBC pool to
> different databases, MySQL being one.
>
> So I've set up two MySQL nodes using a Percona cluster and HAProxy on the
> application server node to proxy requests to one or both of the database
> nodes. (I've tried Active/Active and Active/Passive setups)

(You might consider running garbd arbitrator on a third server (or a
third node), because if the two pxc nodes loose connection between each other
-> split brain and both nodes won't work
http://www.percona.com/blog/2012/07/25/percona-xtradb-cluster-failure-scenarios-with-only-2-nodes/)

> Everything works quite fine, but during the high-load initialization process,
> the JDBC connections in the pool somehow seem to timeout or loose connection
> to the databse. These exceptions pop up:

Do you get any errors if you use direct jdbc connection from hybris to
your PXC nodes (no haproxy in between) ?

Have you enabled logging in haproxy and do you get any errors in
haproxy logs ?

> INFO   | jvm 1    | main    | 2014/10/14 15:59:45.362 |         ... 4 more
> INFO   | jvm 1    | main    | 2014/10/14 15:59:45.362 | Caused by:
> java.io.EOFException: Can not read response from server. Expected to read 4
> bytes, read 0 bytes before connection was unexpectedly lost.
> INFO   | jvm 1    | main    | 2014/10/14 15:59:45.362 |         at
> com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.readFully(MysqlIO.java:2914)
> INFO   | jvm 1    | main    | 2014/10/14 15:59:45.362 |         at
> com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.reuseAndReadPacket(MysqlIO.java:3337)
> INFO   | jvm 1    | main    | 2014/10/14 15:59:45.362 |         ... 35 more

What kind of server / client timeouts do you use in haproxy or are
you reaching maxconn etc. limits ?

-Jarno

--
Jarno Huuskonen