We have a situation where our app servers sometimes get into a bad state, and
hitting a working server is more important than enforcing persistence.
Generally the number of connections to a bad server grows rapidly, so we’ve set
a maxconn value on the server line which effectively takes a server out of the
pool when the bad state occurs.

If we fill up the connection slots, the server is almost definitely bad, so
we’d rather not queue at all.  Since maxqueue 0 means unlimited, it looks like
the minimum queue size is 1.  Is that right?  Is there any way to enforce a
redispatch whenever we’re at maxconn, without any connections getting queued?

Thanks,
-Daniel