Hi Daniel,

> We have a situation where our app servers sometimes get into a bad
> state, and hitting a working server is more important than enforcing
> persistence. Generally the number of connections to a bad server
> grows rapidly, so we’ve set a maxconn value on the server line which
> effectively takes a server out of the pool when the bad state occurs.
>
> If we fill up the connection slots, the server is almost definitely
> bad, so we’d rather not queue at all. Since maxqueue 0 means unlimited,
> it looks like the minimum queue size is 1. Is that right? Is there
> any way to enforce a redispatch whenever we’re at maxconn, without any
> connections getting queued?

No, this is not possible, but you really don't want to work in that
direction, its very wrong.

You should work on your health checking and implement it in a way
that HAProxy can detect bad servers. That is the proper way to
deal with such problems.

Sometimes, providing a helper script on the backend that detects any
problems can help with this.

Regards,

Lukas