Jarno Huuskonen wrote on 02/05/2015 01:28 PM:
Hi,

On Thu, Feb 05, Klavs Klavsen wrote:
Hi guys,

I'm testing our haproxy setup in regards to SSL performance - by
simply using ab, and fetching a favicon.ico file..

over http haproxy delivers 3.000 req/s.
over https haproxy delivers 511 req/s.

I tried giving haproxy more cores (it's a virtual server) -but this
did not help at all :(

Silly question: when you added more vCPUs to the virtual machine
did you change haproxy nbproc setting (make haproxy use more than
1process) ?

Not silly at all.. I had naive figured it would scale on cpu's per default :)

Adding daemon and nbproc setting = number-of-cores and testing again.

I tried also setting cpu-map - but apperaently that needs to be specificly enabled at build time.. Is that an unsafe feature?

Also - in regards to stats, I can understand that the stats will no longer be accurate?

We currently fetch stats and insert in out graphite system.. which will be useless then.. :(

Is it in the works, for haproxy to perhaps used some shared-memory section, with a semaphore locking ofcourse, to collect stats for all in one ?

Klavs Klavsen, GSEC - k...@vsen.dk - http://www.vsen.dk - Tlf. 61281200

"Those who do not understand Unix are condemned to reinvent it, poorly."
  --Henry Spencer